Presenting a home for sale can be a neverending process….there’s always something else you could do. Make a list, prioritize it, and work down. A lot of stuff you won’t do but the important stuff you will.
- Mow lawns, trimm hedges, pull weeds etc
- Clean Windows
- clean walls, touch up paint especially white door frames.
- clean pool
- remove cobwebs
- De clutter (storage units are a godsend!)
- Fix tap and cistern leaks
If you have time
- Complete repaint. All walls to be relatively neutral.
- Pressure clean paved areas
- Paint eaves
- Neutral smells
- Oil Gate hinges
- clear paths and paving of weeds
Bear in mind that any standard that you begin with must be maintained throughout the marketing period.